From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-22 17:11:39

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> What else? Where do the beta.boost.org web pages come from?
>
> Which web pages specifically? All of them? The docs?

For example, in 1.34.x there was a page
boost-root/more/cpp_committee_meetings.html

On the beta site, it has migrated to
http://beta.boost.org/community/committee.html

But even after running bjam in release-candidate-root/doc that page (and
other, if not all, http://beta.boost.org pages) is missing. And let's
not forget the home page itself. There is still a version in the
root-directory, but it is the old design, not the beta.boost.org design.

Furthermore, the release-candidate tree contains directories such as
bin.v2 that shouldn't be in the release-candidate.

I'm guessing that
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta has to be
exported, then merged with the directory tree that resulted from
exporting https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release and then
running bjam. But I need specifics.

Also, having two repositories that have to be exported and then merged
seems confusing and error prone. Why hasn't the new
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/website/public_html/beta material just
been integrated into the trunk, and thus will flow into the release
branch with everything else destined for the next release? I must be
missing something.

> Oh, and at some point we, RSN, need to make a new
> boost-root/readme|index.html page.

Yep!

--Beman