From: Alexei Alexandrov (alexei.alexandrov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-29 01:06:41

Eric MALENFANT wrote:
> Alexei Alexandrov wrote:
>> I mean, I'm the only one who reported this problem or
>> just nobody used wchar_t with standard codecvt on Linux so far?
>
> We use boost::filesystem::wpaths on Linux without problems (that I'm aware of).

Additional question: are you sure you use fs::wpaths with environment
locale? Not boost UTF-8 codecvt facet (this is what is done in
libs/filesystem/test/wide_test.cpp). Because boost UTF-8 codecvt facet
works fine for me too, but I want to get system locale working - I don't
want to rely on system locale encoding being UTF-8.

> Also, IIUC, explicitely imbue()-ing the environment locale
> (std::locale("")) is not necessary,
> as it seems to be the default (look at libs/filesystem/src/path.cpp)

This is true. So you don't imbue anything at all and it works for you?
I'd really appreciate this clarification.

Thanks a lot to you and to all who are helping me in this thread!

--
Alexei Alexandrov