From: Jamie Allsop (ja11sop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-31 18:32:33

I hate to post this as it's late and I can't help thinking I'm missing
something obvious, but here goes. I am getting an exception thrown as a
result of executing line 52 of
boost/trunk/boost/archive/impl/basic_binary_iarchive.ipp
(yes I'm using trunk, but this happens with my 1.34.1 also)

The little program shown below causes it, the output of which is,

"std::exception: basic_string::resize"

I'm using gcc 4.2 on Debian fwiw.

---
#include <boost/archive/binary_iarchive.hpp>
#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <sstream>
int main()
{
     std::string SimpleString( "Archive" );
     std::istringstream InputStringStream( SimpleString );
     try
     {
         boost::archive::binary_iarchive iarchive( InputStringStream );
     }
     catch( const std::exception& e )
     {
         std::cout << "std::exception: " << e.what() << std::endl;
     }
     return 0;
}
---
So am I missing the obvious or is there something more going on here?
Thanks,
Jamie