From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-03 15:08:18
Beman Dawes wrote:
> The first attempt at a release branch snapshot is now available.
> See http://beta.boost.org/development/testing.html#Snapshots for more
> information, and a link to the actual files.
> Thanks to Martin Wille for setting up the hosting!
Yes, thanks Martin!
> The plan is to automatically build Unix and Windows snapshots on a daily
> basis. Right now the only snapshot available is a .zip with Windows line
> For the moment the focus is simply getting the build process in place
> for both Unix and Windows. Once that is running more or less smoothly,
> the focus can shift to making sure the content is all there, and that
> other QA checks are being met.
I downloaded the .zip file and unpacked it on my Linux box converting the
files endings (unzip -a). Here's a few issues I noticed in looking over the docs:
1) We need updates of all the added/changed libraries on the main page
2) link for asio is broken off the 'libraries' page -- looks like it may be
missing in the doc/src/boost.xml file -- not seeing anything in the docs location.
3) system library has 2 lines on 'libraries' page
4) GIL isn't licensed under BSL -- is this ok? I thought we were trying to
move as much to BSL as possible.
5) circular_buffer is missing a link from the libraries page
6) property_tree is missing a link from the libraries page
I'm running a build now...I'll let you know the results.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk