From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-07 11:30:37

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Thu Feb 07 2008, "John Maddock" <john-AT-johnmaddock.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> The Open Source Initiative provides "Open Source" and "OSI Certified"
>>> logos we could use on the Boost home page.
>>>
>>> See http://www.opensource.org/trademark for the HTML markup and
>>> conditions of use.
>>>
>>> See http://www.opensource.org/trademarks/opensource and
>>> http://www.opensource.org/trademarks/osi-certified for the logos
>>> themselves, in various formats and sizes.
>>>
>>> Should we include one of the OSI logos on the web site's home page?
>> Yes +1
>
> +1

[-1]

It would make more contextual sense to put that in the license page
<http://beta.boost.org/users/license.html>. And adding a FAQ entry to
explain the OSI certification.

>>> Which one?
>> Both? :-)
>
> Might be a good idea, actually.
>
>>> I vote "yes", and prefer the "OSI Certified" logo.
>> If we have to stick to one only, then yes that one.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> Can we modify the Boostbook stylesheets to put these in the footer
>> automatically?
>
> Yes of course we can.

Note that OSI "insist[s] and ask[s]" that the images be linked to their
site. So including them in the docs would either go against their
wishes/instructions or cause loading problems for off-line viewing.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything