From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-09 09:03:03

Beman Dawes wrote:
> We've now got two home pages - one for the web site and one for the
> boost-root tree.
>
> We need to figure out how to keep the two in sync without totally
> duplication of effort.

That's probably completely wrong! These two home pages serve different
purposes. The content should be divergent.

* The web site home page provides our World-wide Web presence. That's
the place for news and other rapidly changing content, and as an
introduction for first-time visitors.

* The release home page is the gateway to the release, and needs content
focused on that role. For the rapidly changing stuff, it should just
refer to the world-wide web home page.

I've done a first draft of contents for the release home page. If the
contents are acceptable, we'll ask Daniel and Rene to integrate them
into the current look-and-feel. Presumably the sidebar links will be
similar to the current page.

See http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/draft.html

Comments appreciated!

--Beman