From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 02:52:47

Andrey Tcherepanov <moyt63c02 <at> sneakemail.com> writes:

> If you guys have some static windows build of all the tests and batch file
> to run it in one zip file, I can try to run it on our 16 cores machine
> (4CPU x 4cores or 2x4xHyperThreading) during low load times. If you
> interested of course...

I for one would be very grateful if you could do that. I'll prepare the builds.

How shall I get them to you? Each build is around 1Mb, and zips to around 280k.

I have a variety of builds I would like to run: 3 mutex implementations,
yield/no yield on each, with 5, 16 or 32 threads (less than, equal, and greater
than the number of cores). That's 18 combinations. Each should take a lot less
than a minute to run (5 threads on my dual-core machine takes around 20-30s).
Are you willing to run all those builds (18) several times each to get reliable
figures? If not, I'll try and pick a subset.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

--