From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 11:45:17

>> possibility to use printf syntax when logging [NOK OK]

Agree.

>> The use of macros will always be a
>> discussion point, but it is convenient for a
>> logging library. I do not have big issues with this.

I would like to see us push our selves harder here. This is
"boost" after all, whose developers and users, fret for hours
on the miniutia of the perfect interface. The logging library
is no different than other libraries. All of us have though
at one time or another having just this "one" macro wont make
that much of a difference. A little more exploration and
discussion of our interface goals always reveals
a better way. Lets not settle. John is clearly motivatated
to create a great logging library that useful for all c++ developers.
Lets get behind this effort and help him get there between
this review and the next one (if there is one).

Tom Brinkman