From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-12 12:49:05

Hi All!

The proposed Boost.Extension and Boost.Reflection libraries are back in
active development, after a few months of inactivity. For those wishing to
follow their progress, I am tracking the status of the libraries at:
boost-extension.blogspot.com

I've posted docs as well (also linked from the website):

<tr_1202836009932>Boost.Extension
docs<http://redshoelace.dlinkddns.com:9080/boost/doc/extension/index.html>

The Reflection docs only have one useful section, detailing interoperability
between Boost.Extension and Boost.Reflection: Reflection/Extension
interoperability<http://redshoelace.dlinkddns.com:9080/boost/doc/reflection/boost_reflection/extension.html>
It should contain enough information to show basic usage of the library. For
more detailed code, you can look in the /test/ and /examples/ directories
for both projects in the Subversion repository:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/libs/extension/
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/libs/reflection/

These libraries provide shared library (dll, so, dylib etc.) loading, and
instantiation of classes in those libraries. Boost.Extension can load any
class that inherits from a base class in the main module, whereas
Boost.Reflection can load arbitrary classes. Feel free to try out the code
in the sandbox.

Current work:

   - Reflection documentation
   - Examples of using Extension with Boost.Functional/Factory
   - Advanced options for calling functions that have been reflected -
   calling functions when the function signature is unknown.

If you have questions or feature requests, let me know.

Thanks!

Jeremy Pack
boost-extension.blogspot.com