From: Arnstein Ressem (aressem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 03:31:08

> If you mean logger hierarchies like in v1, they're not there. I realized
> that they are not as useful as I thought.
> I will allow to copy one log into another. Do you think that's enough,
> or do you have a specific case where you'd like that?

I have not looked at v1 of the library, but I meant hierarchies like in
log4j. You have a hierarchy of loggers where each logger has it's
formatter and writer(s). Changes to the configuration somewhere in the
hierarchy will propagate down to the loggers further down in the three.
This an easy way of adjusting log levels etc. for a set of loggers
instead of having to copy the settings to all loggers manually. It is
possible to build a framework on top of the current library that will
handle this so it's not a show stopper.

Regards,
Arnstein