From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 11:40:09

Andrey Tcherepanov <moyt63c02 <at> sneakemail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:52:47 -0700, Anthony Williams
> <anthony_w.geo <at> yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Andrey Tcherepanov <moyt63c02 <at> sneakemail.com> writes:
> >

> > How shall I get them to you? Each build is around 1Mb, and zips to
> > around 280k.
>
> as long as zip file is not above couple megs, I think you can email me to
> vault, so if somebody else wants to rerun them on their machine can do it
> too.

I've uploaded a zip file to my website:

http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/files/dining_philosophers.zip

This contains 36 EXEs and a batch file. If you run the batch file, it runs each
EXE in turn, and appends the results to dining_philosophers.txt. Multiple runs
will just add to the end of the file.

If you only want to run a subset, edit the batch file.

> One thing that I am not sure is if you need completely clean machine (no
> other processes running)? I am asking because these machines are parts of
> the db clusters (standby node in the active-passive cluster), and might
> have some small processes running anyway.

The less that's running, the better, but provided the machine isn't heavily
loaded, it shouldn't matter.

> In regards of cores and cpus and hyperthreading -- I will add full specs
> of the machines to the results.

Thanks.

Anthony

--