From: Matus Chochlik (chochlik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 13:29:13

Greetings,

on second thoughts about my first post about the RawPtr I decided to do
several improvements in the posted archive (now to be found in the Boost
Vault in subdirectory Memory/RawPtr, file rawptr-draft.zip).

Just to remind, the RawPtr library provides class raw_ptr that strives to be
a safer, run-time typechecked replacement for void* (though not applicable
to some uses of void*, mainly C legacy).
A new cast type; raw_cast replaces static_cast when doing casts from
untyped to typed pointers.

As the first post has been misguiding in some points I updated the README
to provide more insight into the purpose/usage, rationale, where applicable
(and where not), etc.

There are also two more examples that show one case where the raw_ptr
can be used and one where it cannot be used.

I would like to determine if there is (and also if there is not) any
interest
to include such library into Boost and will welcome any suggestions,
hints, help or critique.

Best regards,
::matus_chochlik