From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-13 18:40:36

OK gurus - I looked into this a little bit and now I have a question.

The code causing the problem looks like:

namespace boost_132 {
    using namespace boost;
    // bunch of old code using boost namespace here
}

This was added to provide enough information in order to de-serialize
shared pointers saved under the older system. By wrapping this in the
namespace boost_132, it was my intention that the directive
"using namespace boost;" apply only to the code in that namespace.

It seems that the complaint is that its applying to code outside the
namespace
boost_132.

Is my understanding of the scope of using directives wrong, or is this
a compiler error?

Then the question arises as to how it should be addressed. I don't see
how the workaround for the borland compiler applies here. What I wanted
to avoid was going through the code line by line. This is just imported
code
which in only there to support de-serialization of older archives which use
shared pointer so I didn't want to create maintainence issue. So one thing
is that the code should be included conditionally with something like
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SUPPORT_132_SHARED pointers. Aside
from that I'm willing to hear ideas on this.

Robert Ramey