From: Jaroslav Gresula (jgresula.LEAVE-THIS-OUT_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-17 05:04:46

Emil Dotchevski wrote:
> I would like to once again thank Tobias Schwinger, the review manager
> for Boost Exception, and to everyone who participated in the review
> process.
>
> Current documentation and source code can be downloaded from:
>
> http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-exception/boost-exception.html
>
> [ ... ]

Hi Emil,

boost.exception uses typeid() in several places which implies presence
of rtti. msvc 8.0 gives the following warning when compiling without
rtti:

 .. : warning C4541: 'typeid' used on polymorphic type
 'boost::exception' with /GR-; unpredictable behavior may result

I did not find any mention about rtti neither in the documentation nor
in the reviews - is it a known thing?

--
Jarda