From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-21 08:18:06

boost-root/index.htm has been deleted and boost-root/readme.html has
been added.

Is the intent that readme.html becomes the new home page?

That would be a breaking change for the many user's who have links on
their own pages to Boost's index.htm in their local installation of Boost.

"index.htm" was an unfortunate choice of name, so I think the current
reorganization would be a good time to change the home page to
"index.html". But we will still need "index.htm" to avoid breaking user
links (not to mention our own links!), although it can just redirect to
"index.html".

We could also have a "readme.html" that redirects to "index.html",
although it seem unnecessary to me.

--Beman