From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-22 07:11:42

Johan Råde wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I'm using the Math Toolkit in a statistics app.
> It works great; you have have done a fantastic job.

Thanks! :-)

> I minor suggestion:
> Why not let pdf and cdf accept infinity and negative infinity when
> the corresponding limits exist?

Paul and I discussed this at some length at one point, and in the end not
handling infinite arguments was just plain easier: we were getting quite
bogged down in special case handling at the time, and didn't want to add any
more :-(

However, if enough folks complain we can certainly change things at a later
date.

Regards, John,

PS, depending upon what you're doing, there are some more (non-central)
distributions in the sandbox that may be of use to you.