From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-26 07:58:27

John Maddock wrote:
> Johan Råde wrote:

[snip]

>> Conclusion: boost::math::changesign is useful.

> Well, if that's the only use, then personally I won't be using it, what use
> is a negative NaN over a positive one? This feels like a very borderline
> use case to me, but maybe I'm missing something?

After thinking more about this,
and especially taking Guillaume's comments into account,
I've decided to drop both signed NaN formatting and the changesign function.

If anyone needs to convey extra information with a NaN,
then the nan(...) format should be used.
I will not implement that, but if anyone needs it,
he is free to extend this library.

--Johan