From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-26 10:51:37

> In general, I would regard using undefined behaviour as unacceptable for a boost library. The floating point utilities are different, they pretty much /have/ to use undefined behaviour.

I wouldn't say that the library relies on undefined behavior.
It relies on the C++ Standard and the IEEE 754 standard,
and is guaranteed to work correctly on any platforms that conform to these two standards.

(In addition, it uses preprocessor logic to handle platforms with long double implementations that
do not conform to the IEEE 754 standard.)

--Johan