From: Richard Newman (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 11:06:49

I ask this not to badger well-intentioned volunteers, but to provoke
constructive discussion.

Version 1.34.1 was released on July 24, 2007, going on 8 months ago.
Since that time 6 new libraries have been accepted with one more
accepted provisionally (according to boost.org website).

Prior to 1.34.1, 1.34.0 was released on May 12, 2007, 2-1/2 months
prior. 1.34.0 was considered a very long release: it's predecessor
(1.33.1) was released on Dec. 5, 2005, nearly 1-1/2 years prior.

At one point, there was hope of getting 1.35.0 out before the end of
2007, given that it was to be a short release primarily to move to Trac
and Subversion, without large functionality upgrades or code base
improvements. As I recall, part of the intent was to move to faster
release cycles with teams of release managers to reduce the imposition
on any one volunteer.

We are now nearing spring break, the beaches of Cancun beckon, and
another round of messages about Google's Summer of Code have begun.

Is there a realistic target date for releasing 1.35? Is there a
distinct possibility that 1.35 will require a full year or more to close
since it began?

With respect,
Richard Newman