From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-06 15:12:53

I fear this could be the first of a stream of feeble questions as I try
to provoke Proto into life:

As the docs say, "Once we have some Proto terminals, expressions
involving those terminals build expression trees for us" ... "As long
as one operand is a Proto expression, the result of the operation is a
tree node representing that operation".

In the calculator example, if I write 10 + 20 + _1 then the 10+20
portion is not a proto expression, which happens to be useful behaviour
in this case. But if I wanted to make the 10+20 subexpression a proto
expression, I'd need to somehow taint or cast 10. How would I do
that? The closest I've spotted in the docs is make_expr(); is this
what I need?

Phil.