From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-10 14:26:37

AMDG

Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Library writers are not
>> somehow special in this respect. When I said "user" I meant anyone who
>> is not the author or maintainer of proto.The only problems that I can
>> see are that mpl::apply<expr<mpl::_, mpl::_>, terminal_tag, args0<int> >
>> won't work and that mpl::quote2<expr> will fail.
>>

> That's a legitimate concern. How important do you consider these use cases?

I personally avoid mpl::lambda, so this won't affect me. I wouldn't
worry about mpl::quote.
In any event, it's easy to write a wrapper metafunction. It may cause
surprises that
lambda doesn't work (especially because it will be silent), but as you
mentioned above
direct use of expr should be uncommon.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe