From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-11 14:42:10

Christian,

Thank you so much for helping get this figured out!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Christian Henning <chhenning_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I tried MSVC8 and was able to go small steps forward. Basically, I was
> able to compile all header files, albeit explicitely setting /Zm1000.
> Which is fine with me but might be helpful to know for other people.

Thanks - I'll mention that. I've been testing with VC Express
8.0.50727 but didn't need that switch. Or at least I didn't need to
set it explicitly - I did test builds with bjam (the build/vc8ide
folder has a vc8 project that runs bjam for tests and examples), and I
also tried the intro_example in a typical VC8 console project.

> Where I get into troubles is when defining the data processor class.
> For demonstration purposes I just create an empty class for now. But I
> have the same errors when I copy and paste your processor from the
> documentation.
>
> class processor : public signals::filter<processor, void (double)> {};
>
> Here is what my compiles outputs:
>
> [snip errors]

Hmm. These errors are very suspicious. When you downloaded from the
vault, did you download the latest (0_9_0) version? If so, something
may have gone wrong when I archived it - I thought I checked but maybe
not enough. I'll do a clean download of boost and a clean download of
the lib and see what's happening.

If it's the archiving that I messed up, you can also try the version
from the SVN (if you don't feel like you've already wasted enough time
on this :-)):
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/SOC/2007/signals

> BTW, why to have your own boost/functional lib? Are you overriding or
> extending it?

One of the examples uses the factory class that was submitted for
review recently. I never got around to checking whether that made it
to the trunk, so I just kept a local copy.

Thanks again for all your help with this!

Stjepan