From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-12 09:25:12

On 03/11/08 22:42, Max Motovilov wrote:
[snip]
> I apologize in advance if something along these lines is already
> available; however current public documentation doesn't mention such a
> facility and a brief glance into SVN did not reveal one either...
>
> product_view
[snip]
> with GCC 4.2. It is not [yet] Boostified. My use case: I needed this
> adapter to write a dynamic dispatcher for a known set of template
> instances (poor man's dynamic template instantiation).

Another application would be as a partial solution to matrix
multiplication. Each element in R of the matrix multiplication:

   R = A*B

is the inner product of the corresponding elements of the
outerproduct of rows(A) and columns(B).

rows(A) =
   ( (a0_0, a0_1, ... a0_n)
   , (a1_0, a1_1, ... a1_n)
   )
colsums(B) =
   ( (b0_0, b1_0, ... bm_0)
   , (b0_1, b1_1, ... bm_1)
   )

So, I'm guessing you could do a compile-time matrix
multiplication.