From: Dean Michael Berris (dmberris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-13 06:25:38

Hi Anthony,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Anthony Williams
<anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dean Michael C. Berris <dmberris <at> friendster.com> writes:
>
> > This has been bothering me a while -- as I'm working on the Memcache++
> > Client that I'm maintaining and continuing to develop, when I try
> > running the unit test(s) I've written in a specific platform I get
> > 'mutex: Invalid argument' errors being thrown with regards to either
> > locking, unlocking, or destroying mutexes.
>
> What does your code look like?

You can browse the source for the Memcache++ Client here:
http://memcachepp.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/memcachepp/trunk/memcache%2B%2B/
(or http://tinyurl.com/3yr7ju) -- It may just be the machine I'm
running on has a defect of some sort (memory corruption?) or some
hardware problem(s). That said, that's the last thing I would be able
to look into at the moment.

> > The platform I'm working on is:
> >
> > Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 Ghz
> > Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10
> > Linux Kernel 2.6.22-14-server (x86_64)
> > gcc (GCC) 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
>
> That's very similar to my linux development system --- I've got a core2duo
> running Ubuntu 7.10 with a 2.6.22-16 kernel in 64-bit mode, and everything works
> for me.

Hmmm... That's odd. I'm pasting the cpuinfo for the system here --
maybe something there will help. And btw, there are 4 processors in
the system like this. There's also 4 GB of RAM available.

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 15
model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 2400.123
cache size : 4096 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 4
core id : 0
cpu cores : 4
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 10
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm syscall
nx lm constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr
lahf_lm
bogomips : 4802.87
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64