From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-14 11:29:54

Beman Dawes wrote:
> The version history for 1.35.0 is currently located at
> http://beta.boost.org/users/history/2008-01-23-version_1_35_0.
> Presumably that will translate to
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/2008-01-23-version_1_35_0.
>
> Why is the date part of the version name?

Random choice on my part to account for the possibility of someone
unknowingly picking the same title for two entries since this is used
for news entries also.

> That creates a problem for
> links from the release, since they have to be changed if the date
> changes? Would it be possible to change the location to plain
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_35_0? Presumably the same
> pattern should be followed for subsequent releases.

I'll remove it, but we will have to put a blinking disclaimer for people
to check for duplicate titles.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything