From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-15 10:11:13

Daniel James wrote:
> On 15/03/2008, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > Also, several libraries need their documentation rebuilt to pick up
>> > the latest BoostBook changes. Can I do this is in the release branch?
>> > Although, ideally, this should be part of the release process.
>>
>> Documentation rebuild *is* part of the release snapshot process. It runs
>> once a day, starting at 2AM US Eastern time.
>
> I was writing about the documentation which is checked in. I'll
> rebuild anything which needs updating.

Ah! I'd forgotten about that. So for the future, it sounds as if we
should be running an additional automatic process, perhaps as part of
the snapshot creation, that commits any generated documentation that is
supposed to be checked in?

I'm hazy as to the exact details. When you manually "rebuild anything
that needs updating", could you please keep track of what you do so we
can talk about automating it?

Thanks,

--Beman