From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-17 13:53:40

Tobias Schwinger wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Thanks for tracking this down, Volodya!
>>
>> Tobias, what's going on here? Can you fix it?
> I think it might be fixed on the trunk, already. That is, the targets
> are all /explicit/ now so the problems should be gone. I consider myself
> a "basic user" of Boost.Build however, so maybe Volodya should take a
> second look and possibly give me some hints for further improvements :-).

'explicit' will cause those targets not to build for regular install,
so it will fix the problem.

There's one issue though -- I think that 'function_types' will still
appear in output of

        bjam --show-libraries

in boost root. That is supposed to give the list of buildable libraries,
and since function_types does not really buildable/installable.

We probably can either move that Jamfile somewhere else
(say, build/util/Jamfile) and add a comment to the Jamfile that is
requires Wave built and installed, and that Jamfile is for maintaining
the library, or we can teach top-level Jamroot to ignore this Jamfile.

I'd suspect moving it is better, it reduces a potential for confusion.

- Volodya