From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-19 07:13:52

Robert,

in revision 43697 you have added usage requirements
to serialization's Jamfile, as follows:

        http://tinyurl.com/2hbzyu

It appears that this change is not necessary. If
any other target depends on serialization, then it
will implicitly depend on serialization's dependencies.
Adding <dependency> to usage requirements will mean
that if I have a library depending on serialization,
than that library will also have dependency on

        ../../config/test//BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE

If my library does not use that, there's no reason why
it should have a dependency.

Furthermore, due to the way Boost is build, this dependency
can be added to basically all libraries, which is hardly
needed.

Because of that, I have removed usage-requirements setting on trunk.

Also, I've noticed that you have about 10 commits, all having
the same commit message:

        Support serialization in DLLS
        Make thread-safe
        fix portable binary archives

It does not seem a good practice, as it's hard to understand what
each given commit was meant to do. Can you try to use descriptive
messages for each commit. FWIW, good guidelines on writing
commit messages can be found at:

        http://subversion.tigris.org/hacking.html#log-messages

Thanks,
Volodya