From: Phil Bouchard (philippe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-20 05:16:53

Greetings:

I have uploaded a cleaner version of shifted_ptr including better intrusive
containers (intrusive_list & intrusive_stack) stripped from redundant
information. The containers were initialy designed for shifted_ptr but
proposes an interface that could be extended from ground up. Indeed, in
this concept containers have no idea what the element_type is; it only knows
about pointers to nodes. The responsability of knowing about the
element_type is forwarded to the iterator, usualy using within a loop, which
is eventually dereferenced appropriately. Having stricter containers could
have been there but this is primaly a tool that is adapted to shifted_ptr
and removes a lot of forward declarations because the type needs not be
known.

Secondly right now I would be happy to learn segfault are detected using
shifted_ptr. Please provide simple case scenarios and I will trace the
problem. This is not yet multithreaded and compiles fine only on x86:
http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=shifted_ptr.zip&directory=Memory&

Regards,
-Phil