From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-23 15:51:44

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:46:35 -0400, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:

>> If you look at the XML archive as an example, it is clear that any non
>> boost-serialization processor needs to do specific things to understand
>> the output. Specifically, the presence of object graphs is what I would
>> see as the biggest hurdle.
>
>> I think if you want the JSON archive to interface with the outside
>> world, you should forgo object graph support. Or atleast support both
>> modes.
>
> I think really Boost serialization just isn't the tool for the job if
> you want to produce an archive that can be read by something other than
> boost serialization.

To reiterate, its really easy to write a JSON archive that operates just
like current archives, but the thing to determine is whether Boost
Serialization can inter-operate nicely with the outside world. I think
the answer is yes, with limitations. IMHO, any GSoC application should
address this, but I am not reviewing them so don't listen to me ;-)

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com