From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 12:34:07

Hi,

I'm currently building a static library in Visual Studio 2008 using Boost
1.34.1. This static library is for my own personal game engine, which
internally also uses several parts of boost. Two in particular I'm using is
Boost.Signals and Boost.Python. I like for my static library to link in the
boost libraries so that every project that uses my engine won't have to
include those libraries manually. However, I find that by doing so I get
tons of linker warnings when building my static library. One of which is
below:

"boost_signals-mt-gd.lib(boost_signals-mt-gd.dll) : warning LNK4006:
__NULL_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR already defined in
boost_python_debug.lib(boost_python_debug.dll); second definition ignored"

When I'm linking both of these libraries together during an executable
build, I do not get these warnings. I don't understand why I'm getting these
warnings in a static lib but not an executable when I'm including the very
same libraries together. Any tips to resolve the warnings? Thanks.