From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 12:52:32

On 03/23/08 15:18, Eric Niebler wrote:
> Proto's review ends this Friday. There's been good discussion, but very
> few actual reviews. Please consider writing a review, if you haven't
> already.

Hi Eric,

I've been struggling with the review; however, I still have
a number of questions about the design. That's why I
haven't been able to make a review that I'm reasonably
sure would be justifiable. For instance, I've had problems
understanding the difference between a proto expression
and a grammar and summarizing that difference in some
sort of succinct formula. My last attempt was:

   http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080324.160640.f8aed314.en.html

My tentative conclusion is that a better
design, more along the lines of algebraic morphisms,
would make proto easier to understand. The only way I could be
reasonably sure of this would be to try and prototype this.

<excuse_for_maybe_flawed_review>
Since that would take *way* too long, I'll just jump to
that conclusion (and possibly several others) in my review
</excuse_for_maybe_flawed_review>

and wait for your response about if it's not workable and why.

-regards,
Larry