From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 14:06:47

Beman Dawes <bdawes <at> acm.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Boost C++ Libraries <
> noreply <at> lists.boost.org> wrote:
>
> > #1697: [utility][noncopyable] ADL barrier broken by msvc-9.0

<snip>

> > it back
>
> Dave,
>
> While we aren't really targeting VC++ 9.0 with this release, most of the
> problems being turned up have relatively easy fixes so I'd like to get them
> in 1.35.0 if doing so does not result in a delay.
>
> Thus if this one really is easy, and if someone will try the changes and
> walk them through the process in the next day or two, I'd like to see the
> fix in 1.35.0. Otherwise it can wait 'til the next release.

I missed this reply because it went to the Boost mailing list rather than to my
private email and I had to lay off the list for a little while.

**Ideally, it would have been made directly in Trac.** Since I have accepted the
ticket and I am receiving notification emails, I'd have seen it immediately. I
think it's really important, now that we have this wonderful tracking tool, that
we make the best use of it. Otherwise, important information like this will get
lost in the shuffle.