From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-24 18:06:56

Phil Endecott wrote:
> There are some good instructions at
> http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html,
> section 5.1 "Easy Build and Install". That's for 1.34.1, and I've just
> been on a wild goose chase looking for the 1.35 equivalent. I can't
> find it at beta.boost.org, but I recall reading something here about
> the "more" content and beta.boost.org, so I won't revisit that. In the
> download, it seems to be in more/getting_started. That took me a
> _long_ time to find: I was doing all sorts of greps in the doc
> directory.

Where the two links to the getting started docs not obvious from the
boost-root/index.html file? Or is it the boost-root/index.html file itself?

> Can't more be a subdir of doc? Or can't getting_started
> just live in doc? Having a bulging doc directory and then stashing the
> first documentation that you're going to need somewhere else just seems
> calculated to confuse.

True, but only if you are browsing around the files without reading the
"front" page. Although integrating the getting started docs with the
BoostBook docs is worth looking into.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything