From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 01:30:21
A couple of comments on RC2. It builds fine with the darwin toolset
(gcc 4.0.1) on an Intel core2 running Tiger. All the documentation
links I checked worked okay. There're a couple of issues building
with the Intel compilers under Tiger (the intel-darwin toolset).
(1) The configure script doesn't recognize the intel-darwin toolset.
I've attached patches to both tools/jam/src/build.sh and tools/jam/
src/build.jam so the intel-darwin toolset is recognized. With these
patches, users with intel compilers on the Mac should be able to:
./configure --with-toolset=intel-darwin ; make
(2) Python fails to compile when the intel compilers generate 64 bit
code, the fix is to build 32 bit if you need python.
(3) The address-model property in intel-darwin.jam isn't properly
configured. I've attached a patch to fix tools/build/v2/tools/intel-
darwin.jam to make this work with address-model=32,64.
(4) The regex library (built shared as a dylib), doesn't link due to,
apparently, missing symbols in the runtime.
(5) The filesystem library (built shared) fails to link building 32
bit for an internal link error.
ld: internal error: output_local_symbols() inconsistent local symbol
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk