From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 04:29:31

Hi,

2008/3/25, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]>:
> Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25 March 2008 01:16:21 Eric Niebler wrote:
> >> U boost/indirect_reference.hpp
> >> U boost/parameter.hpp
> >> svn: In directory 'boost'
> >> svn: Can't move 'boost/.svn/tmp/foreach.hpp.2.tmp' to
> >> 'boost/foreach.hpp': Permission denied
> >
> > There are two common reasons for that:
> > 1. The file is open (under win32) and herefore you can't write it.
> > 2. The permissions are actually wrong.
> >
> > Both involves obvious solutions, but the second one is typically the result of
> > using different user accounts to access the same working copy. The first one
> > can also be caused by anti-virus software.
>

> Probably the former. I don't have a virus checker installed, but it's
> likely that my editor had an open handle to this file.

I usually had that issue when using both TortoiseSVN and a comandline
subversion
client at the same time. Tortoise seems to poll for updates on the
server, and somehow
holds handles on various files. To fix that issue I disabled the
tortoise cache entirely.
First by disabling it using some checkbox flag, then by renaming the svn cache
binary. The second step helped :).

kind regards,
Andreas Pokorny