From: Richard Webb (richard.webb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 12:54:54

Alexander Nasonov <alnsn <at> yandex.ru> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if we care about level 4 MSVC warnings. As far as I remember
> default warning level is lower and I don't see why boost sources should have
> MSVC-specific pragmas just to disable level 4 warnings.

The default is level 3.
I build at level 4 though, and the large numbers of warnings are annoying.

> I'd rather resolved the bug as invalid. As an alternative, we could
>
> // Beginning of file
> #include <boost/config/warnings_off.hpp>
> // end of file
> #include <boost/config/warnings_on.hpp>
>
> and have an option BOOST_CONFIG_TURN_WARNINGS_OFF.

That's been suggested a couple of times before (e.g.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/168903). There's a lack of
consensus about how (or if) these sort of warnings should be handled though.

Thanks,
Richard Webb