From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 16:44:58

FWIW, yes, I also build my applications at MSVC warning level 4. But in
this particular case, I don't think that this specific warning needs to
be pragma'd off! The warning reported by ticket #1704 says:
  "boost/any.hpp(130) : warning C4512: 'boost::any::holder<ValueType>' :
assignment operator could not be generated"
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1704>

Wouldn't it be preferable to explicitly disallow the assignment of
any::holder? Just by adding a private and unimplemented copy assignment
operator? When doing so, we'll get rid of the warning automatically.

I don't think any::holder needs to be CopyAssignable. any::holder is
only accessible by boost::any, and its friends unsafe_any_cast, and
unsafe_any_cast. Neither of them uses the assignment of any::holder.

Kind regards, Niels

--
Niels Dekker
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware