From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-25 16:48:58

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Tue Mar 25 2008, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>
>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/issues.html
>> looks really suspicious to me. Things are failing that never failed on
>> any recent compiler in the past. When I run the Boost.Python tests
>> locally, I get at least one crash (!) that isn't reflected in the
>> results above, suggesting a codegen bug. I'm trying to figure out how
>> best to address these issues, and am wondering
>>
>> 1. whether all these errors ought to be marked up
>>
>> 2. whether we really ought to be making this compiler a required release
>> platform
>
> Crash explained: it was a bug in the trunk version of
> enable_shared_from_this.

Nice catch! Should that fix be merged into release? Or are you waiting
to see the trunk tests cycle before merging?

> As for the rest, I'm still wondering if this
> compiler is in good enough shape to be officially supported.

With 1.35.0, we have moved away from the concept of "officially
supported" because it ruffled the feathers of those with other
compilers. Instead we talk about out "high-priority" platforms.

And, no, the Intel compiler isn't a "high-priority" platform. Besides
any problems the compiler may have, there just don't seem to be enough
people who care about it. I really should have dropped it from the
release tests.

Thanks,

--Beman