From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-26 09:41:33

Richard Crossley wrote:

> [...]

The "lib" prefix is for static libraries. Use link=static
The 's' letter is to static linking to runtime. Use runtime-link=static
The 'd' is debug, use variant=debug
The 'g' is using debug runtime, I think it's included in 'debug' variant
already. If not runtime-debugging=on will help.

> I can see that adding the link=static option generates a separate tree in
> the build directory.
> However the ABI naming of the resultant staged libraries appears to remain
> the same.

What is "ABI naming" and why do you expect it to change?

- Volodya