From: Boris (boriss_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 07:39:12

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:25:04 +0100, Chris Newbold
<Chris.Newbold_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]We've started introducing boost::pool at various places in our
> software
> in order to manage allocation of small, short-lived objects. We have run
> into some difficulty, however, with the algorithm governing the growth
> of the blocks allocated internally.
> [...]I am more than willing to prototype some changes in the code if
> there is
> interest in extending boost::pool in this manner.

I'm using Boost.Pool, too, and agree that it would be useful if it could
be customized. In fact there are adaptive pool allocators in Boost but
only in Boost.Interprocess (see
http://igaztanaga.drivehq.com/interprocess/interprocess/allocators_containers/stl_allocators_adaptive.html).
I'm also concerned about the bug
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1252 (I didn't have any time yet
though to check if I can reproduce the problem and if my program is
affected, too).

Boris