From: Robert Dailey (rcdailey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-27 16:24:01

Hi,

I have a lot of boost files in a precompiled header, and compiling that
precompiled header using boost 1.34.1 caused no errors. However, now that
I've upgraded to 1.35, I'm getting the following error during PCH generation
in MSVC9:

2>c:\it\tfs\crusades\sdks\boost\boost\filesystem\operations.hpp(827) : error
C3859: virtual memory range for PCH exceeded; please recompile with a
command line option of '-Zm112' or greater
2>c:\it\tfs\crusades\sdks\boost\boost\filesystem\operations.hpp(827) : fatal
error C1076: compiler limit : internal heap limit reached; use /Zm to
specify a higher limit

The recommended fix in the error text resolves the problem, but I'm
wondering why this is a problem in the first place. As I stated before, the
earlier versions of boost never did this. Is this a bug?