From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-29 12:32:30

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:

>>> OK. The release files are on Sourceforge, I've downloaded each and
>>> compared to the originals, and AFAICT we are ready to go live. Just let
>>> me know when to repoint the DNS entries.
>>>
>>> The release date is today.
>> Repoint now :-) I'm working on making minor changes to add the 1.35
>> links into the web site (on the beta side). So I'll move those over shortly.
>
> Done.

And I just merged the changes to make 1.35 appear into the live site.

> boost.org is getting the new site. So far www.boost.org is still getting
> the old site for me, but hopefully that is just until some dns cache
> entry expires. Easydns says it takes at least an hour for caches to
> clear. There wasn't any A record entry for www.boost.org, by the way.

I still get the old site :-( But my ISP has always been slow in getting
DNS changes. I checked on the web server itself and it says:

-bash-3.00$ host boost.org
boost.org has address 129.79.245.252
-bash-3.00$ host www.boost.org
www.boost.org is an alias for vhost.sourceforge.net.
vhost.sourceforge.net has address 66.35.250.210

So yes, there's no A record for www.boost.com, as it's an alias record.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything