From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 04:13:27

Hi Marco,

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Marco Costalba <mcostalba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Dean Michael Berris
> <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >

> > > Sorry for the silly question, but what is a RDDL ?
> > >

> > Oh, sorry. I was in a hurry -- RDDL stands for Runtime Dynamic
> > Dispatch Library. :)
> >

> I knew it was a dumb question ;-)
>
> I have downloaded boost 1.35 and dispatcher code from sourceforge
> subversion repository.
>
> It seem a good point to "inject" my overload implementation is the
> dispatcher class functor: overload it seems, more or less naturally,
> should replace that...
>
> Am I starting wrong?

If you're set out to replace Boost.Function, then maybe you would
replace class functor. However, here are the issues you'll face:

1. You're going to either have to change the implementation of the
registry, so that the signature parameter becomes a sequence of
signatures instead of just a single signature. This is what you'll
have to do if you're out to replace Boost.Function -- which doesn't
make much sense as of the moment.

2. You will eventually have to distinguish the registry implementation
of an overloaded dispatcher from a single-signature dispatcher. This
is because it doesn't make much sense (or any sense) to use an
overloaded dispatcher from a single-signature dispatcher.

We can take the discussion off-list if you're interested in moving forward.

Have a good week ahead.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
Software Engineer, Friendster, Inc.