From: Ryan Gallagher (ryan.gallagher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 13:43:35

Richard Webb <richard.webb <at> boldonjames.com> writes:

> Ryan Gallagher <ryan.gallagher <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > However, looking at the announcement and the docs I noticed that
> >PropertyTree is again not in the official release.
[...]
> It was removed from the release due to lack of documentation, amongst
> other things. See:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171825
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/171958

Thanks Richard and Marcin. Obviously my search for this information was a
bit too brief.

It's too bad that this got hung up because of documentation, I myself haven't
had any real problems using it with the old docs and a quick look at the
headers. Still, it's better to release this library with some quality docs
than to push it out too early, so I can understand the decision to delay this.

Based upon one of these posts, Marcin, I think you are right to hold off on
further performance improvements until the library is in a releasable state.
At least for smaller files it performs well enough to meet users needs,
and I don't think is at the point where it would be totally ignored by
users for performance reasons. For XML at least, I never really thought of
this library's parser as being meant to handle large files and would have
considered other libraries for this.

Anyhow, I hope to see this in 1.36. If I managed to learn QuickBook or
BoostBook in the future and find some time then maybe I can volunteer on
helping with these docs. Is there any hint from other library authors on the
doc toolchain they've used to automate this better? Thanks,

-Ryan