From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 14:48:54

Hi John !

On Monday 31 March 2008, John Maddock wrote:
> Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> > svn revision 43952 broke my VC8 build:

My experimental builds of our own program, too.

> > C:\AUTOBU~1\sources\boost\boost/python/converter/as_to_python_funct
> >ion.hpp(21)
> >
> > : error C2719: 'unnamed-parameter': formal parameter with
> >
> > __declspec(align('8') ) won't be aligned
> >
> > The compilation command is attached.
>
> Grrr, do you have a test case?

I've managed to strip our code down to the attached example. I hope this
is small enough and helps...

> This is certainly deeply annoying: in
> order to fix one bug it appears I've introduced another - but without
> seeing the instantiation context and working out what Boost.Python is
> doing it's hard to say whether this should be fixed in type_traits or
> Boost.Python.

My testcase does not use Boost.Python, so I think the problem should be
in type_traits. Please note: this only affects 32-bit builds, 64-bit
builds using Visual Studio or address-model=64 when using bjam work.

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH