From: Joe Gottman (jgottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-31 19:30:10

Instead of using bjam, I compile the boost libraries on my own. I
recently tried to compile the new version of boost::filesystem, and
failed with exception.cpp. I had a scary few minutes until I realized I
no longer needed this file since filesystem now uses errors from the
system library.

    With header files, especially ones that the user never uses
directly, there is no problem with leaving them in the directory after
they are no longer needed, since they will never be included. However,
users generally expect to have to compile source files, and so one that
is included but no longer valid can cause major problems for people who
compile without using bjam. Therefore, I would appreciate it if you
would remove \libs\filesystem\src\exception.cpp.

Joe Gottman