From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-01 15:47:52

From: "Jonathan Biggar" <jon_at_[hidden]>
Subject: [boost] CORBA iimplementation for Boost interest?

> I've been working on a C++ CORBA implementation for a long time. I've
> considered making it open source in the past, but I hadn't seen the
> exact niche for it to fill.
>
> Now that Boost 1.35 is out, including ASIO and the new Threads
> implementation, I'm considering retargeting my implementation to only
> use boost libraries for underlying services.
>
> I'd be quite happy to contribute my implementation to boost, if there's
> enough interest for me to proceed.
>
> So, what do you all think?
>
> --
> Jon Biggar

Hello,

I think that a C++ CORBA implementation is a big deal. In addition a corba
implemenation is not very useful without a minimal set of CORBA services.

Are you mapping idl files to C++ using a generator?
Do you use the standard C++ mapping, or a mapping using more generic C++
techniques?
Could you present your current implementation, OS, middleware, ...
Could you present a little bit your project, contents, architecture, ...
Do you have everything you need already in Boost?

Good luck
Vicente Juan Botet Escriba