From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 09:37:37

To eliminate any delay in starting work on 1.36.0, I propose that the
1.35.0 release management team remain in place for 1.36.0. Roughly, that's:

* Beman Dawes, acting as overall release manager,
* Rene Rivera, working on web site and build and/or test scripting,
* Daniel James, working documentation issues,
* John Maddock, helping with miscellaneous issues,
* Marshall Chow, running periodic trac reports.

And, of course, there are a whole bunch of other Boosters running tests
and working on individual libraries.

The release management process is getting smoother, so I hope the time
demands on the release management team will stay light enough that we
can keep the team intact for several releases.

The one other position I'd like to see added to the team is someone to
concentrate on regression testing results. The basic task is to keep an
eye on the regression reports, and intervene whenever any deterioration
seems to be occurring without anyone else apparently taking any action
to correct the problem. "Intervene" mostly means pestering the problem's
owner, but sometimes might be to suggest and/or implement procedural
improvements to attack global problems. Anyone care to volunteer?

Comments?

--Beman