From: Amit (contact.lipik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-03 14:06:24

Hi,

I understand that using tss with the threads library (statically linked,
ICL 10.1 on Win32) forces the user to define tss_cleanup_implemented() in
the global namespace.

Since there is no documentation on this, I would appreciate some information as
to whether there are any gotchas: I am assuming that tss_cleanup_implemented()
is the place where all thread_specific_ptr's should be reset().
Is there anything else required?

Also, are there any special considerations when some of the threads might not
have been started through Boost.threads?

Btw, thread.hpp is extremely fiddly to use, since it does not define
WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN, which leads to winsock.h getting included which makes it
unuseable with any networking libraries (that use winsock2). I ended up
creating my ouwn header that includes this after defning the macro.

Thanks a lot
Amit